There’s only one more sleep til Santa!!! So to help get us into the festive spirit ready for tomorrow I’ve had a go at GirlReading‘s Festive Christmas Book Tag. Whilst I was doing it my parents started chipping in wit their answers. Some of them were too good to miss, so I’ve left them in.
Happy Holidays everyone! Hope Santa’s brings you everything you wished for tonight.
– B xo
1) A fictional family you would like to spend christmas dinner with?
Briony: Obviously the Weasleys. Homely, welcoming, loving, kind, warm and magical.
Dad: The Adams Family
Mom: Miss Marple. We could talk about knitting!
2) A bookish item you would like to receive as a gift?
Briony: Bookends! I don’t actually own a set of bookends.
Dad: *silence* (Briony: A pair of reading glasses?)
Mom: A book stand, so I could crochet and read at the same time.
3) A fictional character you think would make a perfect christmas elf?
Briony: Violet Baudelaire, she’s a fantastic inventor. She’d probably be able to create some awesome toys.
Briony: But Dad, Dobby is a free elf.
4) Match a book to it’s perfect christmas song.
Briony: It’s got to be New Moon and Last Christmas. I love Wham! ❤️
Mom: Skipping Christmas by John Grisham would be great with Slade, when he has all the family there.
5) Bah Humbug. A book or fictional character you’ve been disappointed in and should be put on the naughty list?
Briony: Christian Grey. And not even in the naughty/ sexy sense, just his character really annoys me.
6) A book or a fictional character you think deserves more love and appreciation and deserve to be put on the nice list?
Briony: Controversially, I’m going to say Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Although I know the Harry Potter universe has a very extensive fan base, I think this book got very mixed (and many negative) reviews. If you read the play for what it is, you won’t be disappointed.
7) Red, Gold and Green. A book cover that has a wonderfully christmasy feel to it.
Briony: Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares. Specifically this cover:
8) A book or series you love so much, you want everyone to find under their christmas tree this year so they can read it and love it too?
Briony: This year I reread The Winnie the Pooh books for Wordsofareader‘s #HundredAcreReadalong. I absolutely loved them and would love for people to share in that experience. Reading them as an adult was truly wonderful.