Today marks the 20th Anniversary of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. So to celebrate I thought I’d take on the “Ultimate Harry Potter Tag” courtesy of fandomsontherun.
1) Favourite book?
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. This is the story I remember most vividly from my childhood, when the books began to take a darker turn.
2) Least favourite book?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. What happens in this one again?
3) Favourite movie? Goblet of Fire. The excitement of the game, Cedric Diggory, the focus on Hufflepuff house. 💛
4) Least favourite movie? Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. What happens in this one again? (Honestly, I think I’ve completely erased this story from my memory.)
5) Favourite Quote? “But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
6) Favourite Weasley?
Molly and her magical knitting will always have a special place in my heart, but I love Fred and George. Their wicked sense of humour and playfulness will forever make me smile. (And sorry, I refuse to separate them.)
7) Favourite female character?
Luna Lovegood. Luna was the first character I truly related too.
8) Favourite villain?
Draco Malfoy. Who doesn’t love a bad boy? But seriously, Draco’s journey through the books is one of my favourites. His loyalty is admirable.
9) Favourite male character? Neville Longbottom. My heart swells for this boy. I’m still so proud.
10) Favourite professor? Gilderoy Lockhart. I’d have been one of those swooning second years. But also his character is one of the greatest comic reliefs in my opinion.
11) Would you rather A) wash Snape’s hair or B) spend a day listening to Lockhart rant about himself? See previous answer. 😍
12) Would you rather duel A) an elated Bellatrix or B) and angry Molly?
Bellatrix. No one should ever challenge an angry Molly.
13) Would you rather travel to Hogwarts via A) Hogwarts Express or B) Flying Car? Hogwarts Express, wouldn’t want to miss the lady with the sweet trolley.
14) Would you rather A) Kiss Voldemort or B) give Umbridge a bubble bath?Pucker up Voldy.
15) Would you rather A) ride a Hippogriff or B) ride a Firebolt? Hippogriff! It’s all about creatures for me.
16) Is there a character you felt differently about in the movies? No one is springing to mind.
17) Is there a movie you preferred to the book?
18) Richard Harris or Michael Gambon as Dumbledore?
19) Your top thing (person or event) that wasn’t in the movie that you wanted there the most? Peeves. That is all.
20) If you could remake any of the Harry Potter movies which would it be? Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. Just purely because of the advancement in cinematography.
21) Which house was your first gut feeling you’d be a part of?
22) Which house were you actually sorted into on Pottermore?
23) Which class would be your favourite?Care of Magical Creatures.
24) Which spell do you think would be most useful to learn?
Lumos. I always like to bring light to even the darkest of places.
25) Which character do you think you’d instantly become friends with?
Luna, we could be weird together.
26) If you could own one of the three Hallows, which would it be?
The Invisibility Cloak. The youngest brother’s story. ❤️
27) Is there any aspect of the books you’d want to change?
I wish Hagrid would have been allowed to keep Norberta.
28) Favourite Marauder? Padfoot but maybe more as Sirius Black.
29) If you could bring one character back to life, which would it be?
Cedric Diggory. It wasn’t his fault he was there, he had no need to be killed. His death was unfair.
30) Hallows or Horcruxes? The horcruxes do intrigue me, but my good nature will always lead me to the hallows.
I would like to tag anyone who fancies joining in with the celebrations today. Spread the magic. ⚡️
– B xo